Monday, September 20, 2010

Gonna Be 2!

Jaiden is going to be two on the 26th! Because of how crazy September has been, we decided to celebrate a week early. First, here's a few pictures of his cake. I was, initially, going to just frost a cake but when I looked online at some car cakes I just had to go all out. I had so much fun! Here a few pictures to show parts of the process. Yes, it was an all day thing. Surprisingly, I didn't freak out. After five tries, I finally got the fondant to work.


I love how it turned out! I will definitely be using fondant again.

The fire freaked Jaiden out.
Our little birthday boy. He loved his cake and wanted more "tires." It still freaks me out that it has been two years! I miss my little peanut but I love how much fun he is getting.
It was sad to see the car in pieces, but it was yummy!
A few pictures of the fam. I'm sad my camera decided to wig out halfway through. So, sorry to those family members who didn't make it in this post. We still love ya!
The two cutest boys ever! We are excited to soon be close to them. The play dates will be amazing!

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

Seriously, that cake was amazing. Great job! Now you have me thinking about using fondant for Lily's cake. Hmmmm...

The Turners said...

Thanks!! You should totally do it! If you want help just let me know... I picked up a few tips this time around. And if you want a fondant recipe, mine is really easy.

Karlee Turner said...

You guys are crazy! That cake was way out of my league! Amazing job!

TURNER TALES said...

Yes, I agree with Ashlee & Karlee, You did an amazing job on the cake! It was a fun party too!! I remember helping Rissa with her fondant once....not a pretty sight!! But good, stressful times!! I'm also glad Sheree & I made the cut for the pictures!! We look good!! Ha Ha!!