Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wrrrraaaaaaar!


It's getting pretty close to Jaiden's 1st birthday and I'm feeling like I better get going on the plans.

Today, I decided to give his "gator" cake a trial run.
It consists of 24 cupcakes and a ton of frosting. For this practice go I used mini-cupcakes and I made a buttercream frosting. I've decorated tons of cupcakes before, but it seems like everytime I try something new it proves rather challenging. To make the frosting look like scales I had to cut the perfect tip and use a super steady hand. I think it will be easier to frost the larger cupcakes.

So, it turned out great! The best part is it didn't even take that long. I can't wait to make the final cake!







10 comments:

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

That is freaking awesome!! I am so having you help me make Jacks next birthday cake, or any cake for that matter!

Oh and if you need help getting rid of the cupcakes, let me know.

Anonymous said...

What a freaking amazing cake!!! You rock girl!! I can't believe he's already one!!

Ashlee said...

Darling and delicious!! Thanks again for the treat!

crissy // mama boss said...

That's awesome.
Hey, how do you make butter cream frosting..? Ellie's birthday is coming up too, and I should get to practicing on her cake, I think.

Kristen and Garrett Halligan said...

Thats so cute! Love it! Ha and love Megans comment...

You should do a post about how to make butter cream frosting, I don't think I know either.

The Turners said...

hey thanks everyone!! i will totally post a buttercream frosting recipe.

The Incredible Bulks said...

Nice work Jos!! It's so cute!!

Hafen Crew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hafen Crew said...

that is super cute! I love it!

Kristin said...

You have got some serious skills.